Superior General: Sister Mary Diez, OSF
Provincial Superior: Sister Carol Rigali, OSF
St. Joseph Convent
1501 South Layton Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(serving education, chancery, Bishop's Residence)
School Sisters of St. Francis
St. Agnes of Prague Convent
3405 Sheridan Boulevard
Lincoln, NE 68506
The School Sisters of St. Francis were founded in 1874. The Sisters came to Wisconsin from Germany and taught young women. Soon many joined the Sisters and the Community flourished to over 4,000 in 1964. The Sisters follow the Rule of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis and their own Constitutions. They serve in the United States, Central America, Germany, and India. Some of the Sisters staffed the former Presentation Parish Schools in Bellwood, Nebraska, until they died in a fatal car accident. One Sister worked with Catholic Social Services during the Cuban refugee crisis. Presently, there are two Sisters working in education and for the Bishop.
Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II
School Sisters of St. Francis in the Register: