Major Superior: Mother Maria Elizabeth, S.Sp.S.A.P.
(serving Diocese through prayer and presence)
Adoration Convent of Christ the King
1040 South Cotner Blvd
Lincoln NE 68510
In 1896, Saint Arnold Janssen and Mother Mary Michaele founded the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration in Holland. The Sisters' rose-colored habit symbolizes joy in honor of the Holy Spirit and the Sisters' adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. Bishop Flavin invited the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration to the Lincoln Diocese in 1973. They were the first Community of cloistered contemplative nuns to take up residence in Lincoln. Bishop Flavin established the King's Men, a Pink Sisters Auxiliary of women, and the Ladies of the Eucharist, which are all associated with the Sisters. The Community continues its prayerful presence in Lincoln.
Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II